We invite you to come dig up some historic adventures during Beloit Heritage Days – September 8-10, 2023.
Sign up below to receive updates and the Beloit Heritage Days Passport.
Get your Beloit Heritage Days Passport stamped at 4 events to earn a FREE Turtle Sundae compliments of Culver’s of Beloit! To receive your Turtle Sundae coupon, take your stamped passport to Tin Dog Records, enter from Mill Street Parking Lot across from the post office. Open Mon-Thu-Fri 12-5pm and Sun, 12-5pm.
Optional Self-Guided Walking Tours
- Near East Side Historic District Walking Tour takes you by stylish homes of prominent citizens from the 1800s. Guide: bitly/beloiteast
- The Bluff Street Historic District – Beautiful, historic homes along Bluff Street Guide: bitly/beloitbluff
- Oakwood Cemetery, 1221 Clary St, Beloit, this historic cemetery has fascinating headstones and mausoleums and beautiful war memorial sculptures.
- “Beloit: A River Runs Through It” a brand new tour book of Beloit history along the Rock River. This 56-page guide features 17 locations. $10 – Available at Beloit Historical Society, 845 Hackett St, Beloit.
- Water Spirit Mound at Totem Park, 1998 Totem Rd; This small park has two Native American Indian Mounds, one is a 157 ft. “water spirit”. Then head into the woods to take a walk on “Moccasin Trail”, the original Native American walking trail along Turtle Creek.