- This event has passed.
CANCELLED! Guided EarthWalk To Celebrate Earth Day | With 815 Outside
April 22 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Sorry! We’ve made the decision to cancel this event due to expected rain all morning.
We’ll walk along Nature At The Confluence’s EarthWalk Trail with stops featuring quotes from “Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teaching of Plants” by Robin Wall Kimmerer. Robin draws on her life as an indigenous woman and scientist to show how other living beings offer us gifts and lessons, even if we’ve forgotten how to hear their voices. As we pause at each stop, we’ll ponder Robin’s insightful words as they relate to the restoration work being done at Nature At The Confluence. You’ll also be the first to learn about work we’re doing to restore the land at the newly designated Confluence Conservation Area along the Rock River, where more than 200 tires, 27 TVs and 4 truckloads of trash were hauled out in 2021. You’ll also have the opportunity to grab some Milkweed seeds to distribute along the trail or to take home.
- This tour is led by Therese Oldenburg from Nature At The Confluence.
- You may purchase your own braid of real Sweetgrass to take home ($3)
- This event is free, but Nature At The Confluence welcomes donations to support our restoration work.
- The walk will be less than 1 mile along a mix of gravel, dirt and mulch trails.
- Wear footwear appropriate for conditions
- Weather permitting, you are welcome to bring along a bag lunch to join us in the outdoor pavilion for further discussion and fellowship.
- This event is co-hosted with 815 Outside
- Registration is Required and space is limited