- This event has passed.
Nature Kids Winter Storytelling & Adventure featuring “Gingerbread Baby” – ages 4-7
March 6 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$5.00
Join us for this fun tale of The Gingerbread Baby by our favorite illustrator Jan Brett. In this adorable story, a little boy named Mattie bakes a gingerbread baby who escapes into the woods and has lots of adventures along the way.
After story time we’ll sharpen our sensory skills as we learn about how natural items can flavor the food we eat, such as cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and ginger. And the kids will see the ingredients that go into making a Gingerbread cookie. Then the kids will have a chance to decorate & take home their own edible Gingerbread boy!
They we’ll head outdoors where we’ll go on our own Gingerbread Baby hunt though our woodland trails. This fun program is part of our Woods Of Wonder programs.
- $5 per child fee. There is no fee for accompanying adults.
- Space is limited and registration is required. Register below.
- This program is suited for ages 4-7.
- Masks are required for the indoor activity part.
- Dress for outdoors
- Food information: Kids will smell cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and ginger and see the original plants they come from. They will participate in decorating their own edible Gingerbread Boy to take home – ingredients include flour, eggs, milk, oil/butter, salt, baking powder, canned frosting, M&M’s.