Families will find all kinds of Adventures In The 100 Acre Woods at Nature At The Confluence this year!
Adventures In the 100 Acre Woods programs are inspired by the beloved Winnie the Pooh stories by Author A.A. Milne. The themeis woven into features on the grounds such as Duffy’s Children’s Garden’s 100 Acre Woods theme, The Big Story Tree, Rabbit’s Vegetable Garden, Pooh’s Thoughtful Spots, Build A House For Eeyore, and a life-sized metal sculpture of Christopher Robin.
Free Outdoor Film! Screening of the adorable new “Christopher Robin” movie on Friday, Aug 9, 8:30pm. Bring chairs & blankets!
Click here for all Adventures In The 100 Acre Woods programs or click to download our flier.
100 Acres Woods 6-week series for ages 4-7
A free 6-week summer program June 18-July 23, for ages 4-7 called “Nature Kids Adventures in the 100 Acre Woods”, with themes inspired by Winnie-The-Pooh books.
- June 18– Adventure Is A Wonderful Thing– Finding adventures in ordinary places, playing Pooh Sticks
- June 25– Who’s Living In These Woods? Habitat Exploration, Make An Animal Home
- July 2 – What’s Growing In Rabbit’s Garden?Growing food, eating healthy, cooking food
- July 9 – Bears, Bees and Honey, Oh My!– Sample delicious honey, find out why bees are good and how we can help them
- July 16– Rain, Rain, Don’t Go Away!– Blustery Day, Watershed investigation, laying Pooh Sticks
- July 23 – What’s the Buzz About Prairies?– Discover who lives in the prairie – plants, monarchs, bees, birds, fox & more
We are very grateful for funding from the Jeffrey and Judith Adams Fund and the Colonel Robert H. Morse Foundation that allows us to offer these programs at no cost to the public.
Other Free Adventures In The 100 Acre Woods programs for Ages 4-7 and 7-11
These programs are inspired by A. A. Milne’s beloved stories about the characters who live the fictional land of the 100 Acre Wood and are offered at no cost to the community through support from the Colonel Robert H. Morse Foundation.
- Sat, April 27, 10am Nature Kids: Ho-Chunk Storytelling | Celebration of National Storytelling Day, ages 7-11
- Sun., June 2, 1pm, “Bears, Bees & Honey Tea Party” | Adventures In The 100 Acre Woods, ages 4-7
- Sat, Jun 29, 10am, “Adventure Is A Wonderful Thing” | Adventures In The 100 Acre Woods, ages 4-7
- Sun, July 7, 1pm “What’s Growing In Rabbit’s Garden?” | Adventures In The 100 Acre Woods, ages 4-7
- Fri, Aug 9, 8:30-9:30pm “Christopher Robin” Movie, outdoor film screening with Beloit International Film Festival, All ages, family event
- Sat, Aug 17, 10am Nature Kids: What Did the Ho-Chunk Grow? Part of our “We Once Lived Here : The Ho-Chunk At Ke-Chunk Village” Learning Series, ages 7-11
- Sat, Sept 7, Who Lived In These Woods?” Part of “We Once Lived Here : The Ho-Chunk At Ke-Chunk Village” Learning Series , ages 7-11
- Sat, Nov 2, 1pm Nature Kids: Migration Through the Seasons: In Celebration of National American Indian Heritage Month, ages 7-11
Day Camp Adventures In The 100 Acre Woods with Welty Environmental
Welty Environmental Center staff will host these fun camps among the woods and streams of Nature At The Confluence. $30/FWEC members, $35/non-members. Up to 10 kids (6 minimum, or canceled) More information at this link. Call 608-362-6212 or email email@example.com
- Fishing Fun – Thursday, June 28th, 10am to 3pm (Ages 6 to 12) Campers will learn basic fishing skills, aquatic habitats and ecosystems Craft, team building games.
- Super Stream Heath – Thursday, July 11th, 10am to 3pm (Ages 12 to 17) – Campers will use hip waders to river walk Kelly Creek looking for signs of human impact, documenting what they find. They will conduct water monitoring tests and compare their results against data collected in 2018. They will determine the where efforts should be focused for restoration and clean up.
- Prickly Plants & Rolling Rocks – Thursday, July 25th, 10am to 3pm (Ages 6 to 12) – Learn how to identify plants and create a plant journal, learn about plant life cycles and role plants play in habitats. Then they will learn about the geology of the stateline area, including how rocks change over time.
- Incredible Invertebrates – Thursday, Aug 8th, 10am to 3pm (Ages 6 to 12) – Worm, Grasshoppers, Stink Bugs, oh my! Campers will look for invertebrates and three habitats: forest, prairie, river. They will document and record their findings and learn about habitat specific invertebrate adaptations.
Interested in getting update for all our Adventures In The 100 Acre Woods programs?
Sign up below!