Nature at the Confluence will be a destination, nature-based, public open space dedicated to making City Center’s historic confluence of the Rock River and Turtle Creek a place of gathering, exploration, recreation, learning, and inspiration for people for all ages and abilities.
1. To develop a center of pride for South Beloit; a year round, regional destination that will interpret the cultural and
environmental histories of this piece of land.
2. To provide a serene and accessible place to enjoy nature and view wildlife.
3. To create hands on activities that will enrich the understanding of the transformative power ecological applied over time to remediate the damage caused by degradation.
4. To connect the Confluence to the areas disparate ecological systems, parks and trails that border the Rock River and Turtle Creek.
5. To be a catalyst for the redevelopment of adjoining property and street infrastructure.